Not all cars are created equal, these reviews will point out the advantages and disadvantages. Before purchasing your next slot car read up on what makes it special. Each review will cover handling capabilities, magnet control, speed and extra features.
Reviews of cost
Slot cars come in a range of different costs, ranging from $15 all the way to $70. Does cost mean that the car is the best? Learn how to pick the right car for your price range.
HO = smallest slot car size
- HO cars are good for small spaces
- Can fit on a pool table, ping pong or air hockey table
- Can be a little expensive due to collector enthusiasts
1/43 = a little larger than HO
- Good for kids
- Good for small spaces
- Cheap to get into the hobby
1/32 = medium scale
- Good for large rooms
- Requires lots of space on floor or custom table
1/24 = largest scale
- More expensive
- Carrera brand car
- Custom built car
Carrera Vs. Scalextric Vs. Fly
There are multiple slot car brands on the market, which is best? Do you have to stick with one brand or can you run them on the same track?