Project build part 3 adding digital chip c7005 was somewhat of a success. I was able to prove that it is possible to put one of these chips in a 1:43 car. With that being said I ran into some issues that I didn’t foresee.
This small car has trouble crossing over the change lane track. It engages the lane change switch with no problem at the press of a button, but once it tries to change lanes it gets stuck. The guide is really small under the car so when it tries to slide over into the next lane it can’t. I tried to modify the track guide a little but didn’t want to risk messing up an expensive track for a $15 car.
The other issue with this project build part 3 is the car isn’t as fast anymore. The Audi is running around half the speed. It’s fast enough for training a young racer on slot cars but not for someone advanced. I may at some point take it back apart and see if I can fix the speed but right now it’s not a big deal to me.