Project build part 3 adding digital chip c7005 was somewhat of a success. I was able to prove that it is possible to put one of these chips in a 1:43 car. With that being said I ran into some issues that I didn’t foresee.
This small car has trouble crossing over the change lane track. It engages the lane change switch with no problem at the press of a button, but once it tries to change lanes it gets stuck. The guide is really small under the car so when it tries to slide over into the next lane it can’t. I tried to modify the track guide a little but didn’t want to risk messing up an expensive track for a $15 car.
The other issue with this project build part 3 is the car isn’t as fast anymore. The Audi is running around half the speed. It’s fast enough for training a young racer on slot cars but not for someone advanced. I may at some point take it back apart and see if I can fix the speed but right now it’s not a big deal to me.
Project Build Part 2 started today on the orange Audi DTM. I was a little surprised to see there’s a lot of space to work with inside this car. The engine in the car is very small and there’s no unnecessary wiring.
I’m going to turn this car digital so it can change lanes and run on any lane. To do this I’m going to use Scalextric chip c7005. I’ve done this multiple times on Fly 1:32 cars but never on a Carrera 1:43.
My love with Carrera 1/43 cars is huge, these little cars pack some punch on a big track. To take my love to the next level with these cars I’m going to try a project build. Putting in a Scalextric non dpr chip to make one of these cars digital would be awesome.
There’s not a lot of space inside of these small cars. I’m really concerned with the chip getting a little hot in such a small space. Since these cars are on the low end of the cost scale this project build is worth the risk. The car price is about $20 + another $20 for a chip if it works I’m still below the price of a digital 1/32 car with a chip installed.